EDINBURG, TX – The Edinburg Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking nominations for Man and Woman of the Year for 2020.
To nominate a person for the annual Man & Woman of the Year award please consider the following criteria.
- He/She is committed to our community by sharing time and talent in ways that benefit the community or individuals within it.
- Provides valuable service by devoting time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community in the way of volunteerism.
- Has demonstrated an exceptional personal commitment to civic endeavors outside of professional obligations.
- Has demonstrated community service in civic or service organizations, non-profit boards, religious groups, or other involvements, such as merchants’ associations, chamber of commerce, or educational activities.
- Must be an Edinburg resident, own a business in Edinburg, or work in Edinburg.
The candidate, throughout his/her career and personal work will have demonstrated leadership characteristics. He/she has successfully demonstrated his/her abilities as an individual, as a team member, and as a leader. He/she will have demonstrated a willingness to serve and assist other individuals in their personal and professional development, and will have contributed to the success of others as well as his/her own. Consider the length of commitment to the community as well as their professional, civic, religious, cultural and educational involvement.
- The nomination form must be completed and returned to the Edinburg Chamber of Commerce by the deadline date of Tuesday, December 1, 2020, by 5:00 P.M. Application can be mailed or hand-delivered or sent electronically to the attention of the Selection Committee.
- Nominations will remain active for a period of 3 years. Individuals nominated will be considered in the next two cycles.
- If nominated, the following are NOT eligible for the Award: past award winners and members of the selection committee.
- The Man & Woman of the Year will be announced at the Edinburg Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet.
For more information or to RSVP for this event, please contact the Edinburg Chamber of Commerce at 956-383-4974